Introduce good planning when implementing change to lead better outcomes and successes.
Step 5 guides you through developing a project plan that addresses your key priorities and will help you to ingrain value chain thinking within your business in Step 6.
Developing a detailed project plan should take into consideration:
- Purpose and Aims
- Resources (including sponsors and delivery team)
- Stakeholders (internal and external) and their engagement (reporting/discussion touch points)
Identify a senior sponsor in your business
This person should be able to help with support and peer-review as well as influencing and embedding initiatives.
Implement a communications plan to engage with stakeholders.
Explore new opportunities
Identify potential partners from within your value chain to collaborate with on exploring new opportunities, innovation or to help you achieve some of your goals/targets.
- Are the aims and objectives achievable within the timeframes set?
- Are your goals/targets SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time based)?
Do you have enough resources?
Do you have enough resources to complete the actions identified within the timeframes or will you have to space actions out over a longer timeframe to achieve the goals/targets?
Are you addressing the risks and opportunities?
Does the plan address the material risks and opportunities you identified?
- Do you have management level support?
How can you get buy-in?
If a partnership or collaboration is beneficial, how could you obtain buy-in internally and externally for this?